Dear Trail Runners and Walkers,
This Saturday 2nd March we head into the beautiful Howick trails network for the second edition of the Howick Trail Run. A partnership between KZNTR and the Howick Mountain Bike and Trail Running Club, last year’s inaugural event was a great success with participants reporting “phenomenally scenic & beautiful trails, with breathtaking views”.
Located just 6km from Howick town centre it is highly accessible, but you would be forgiven for thinking you had left civilisation far behind once you are out in the peace of the quiet forest and grassland trails.
None of the routes are overly technical, and the 5km and 10km are great for beginners and those looking to take that next step up in distance, with the 20km offering more of a challenge.
With the Midlands Meander a stone’s throw away, and plenty of stunning activities and accommodation (including at the race venue, 11 Karkloof) in the area, why not make an active and fun family weekend of it?!
See you on the trails,
Andrew, Lauren & the KZNTR Team
- Venue: 11 Karkloof, Karkloof Road (Click Here for directions).
- Date: Saturday, 02 March 2019
- Events: 5km | 10km | 20km
- Start Times: 7:45 am | 7:30 am | 7:00 am
- KidZone, with experienced childminders and fun activities
- Coffee, craft beer & cordials and gourmet meals
- Technical trail gear available
- For More Info and Entries, click Here.
Winter Series 3 for 2 Special
Winter Series 3 for 2 Special are open! Enter all three events in the KZNTR Winter Series via the button above and only pay for two – valid hours for 48 hours only (closes 10am Thursday 28 February)! Click Here to enter.