Valley View Trail
03 February 2019
The Umkomaas Valley is wild, and untamed. With thick bushveld, red cliffs and a snaking brown river below, these tracks will take runners through farm roads and purpose-built single road tracks that eventually winds through orchards and to the finish where you’ll have the opportunity to dip in the river and enjoy the rest of the day with smiles all around. Previously described as “the ultimate”, the wild beauty is sure to captivate and challenge you.
Pre-entries close at MIDDAY on Friday, 1st February. Late entries will be available on the day of the event but at a R50 surcharge (U18’s exempt).
Registration and late entries will open at 6:00am through to 7:30am. Please arrive with plenty of time to process your registration.
KZNTR KidZone will be available for Children (2yrs+). Experienced childminders will allow parents to get out and enjoy exhilarating trails by distracting (and watching over) the little ones with stimulating and fun activities at the Race Village.
As KZNTR is moving toward the more ecologically friendly cupless water tables, we ask you to please ensure that you bring your own trail cup, water bottles and/or hydration packs for on course hydration and refills!
Venue: Valley View Farm, Umkomaas Valley (Richmond).
From Pietermaritzburg (ETA 51 min):
- Follow the R103/R56 southbound for appr. 55km where you will cross over a bridge, with Valley View Farm being on the immediate right.
From Durban (ETA 1 hr 20 min):
- Travel northbound on the N3.
- Take exit 61 for the R603 and turn right at the intersection to get onto the R103 toward Richmond/Thornville.
- Continue straight for appr. 11 km and turn left onto the R56.
- Follow the R56 for appr. 39km where you will cross over a bridge, with Valley View Farm being on the immediate right.