Start time: 7:00am.
Water tables: 1 table on route.
Shorter and easier, but still requires some steep climbing on your way back out of the valley. Suitable for the active family. Guaranteed game viewing!
Start time: 7:30am | Walkers Welcome.
Water tables: 2 tables on route.
This route has an additional descent and climb over and above what the 5km course covers. Some incredible forest and grassland, short section of single track (some purpose cut and other animal track).
Start time: 7:00am
Water tables: 3 tables on route.
One of the toughest 18k around. A great challenge and incredibly rewarding.
All those who take on the challenge will be well rewarded at the finish with a breakfast roll and a breathtaking view over the valley.
ENTRIES LIMITED TO 250!!
Once sold out, NO LATE ENTRIES AVAILABLE.
Entry includes entry into the game reserve, a breakfast roll, 1 x free entry to Reptile Park and 10% shopping discount on the day.
Registration from 6am – 7:30am. Please arrive with plenty of time to process your registration.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately there will be no KidZone at this event. Apologies for any inconvenience.
A tough race no matter what distance you choose, the 3 courses at Phezulu need to be treated with respect! The routes traverse through a game reserve and animals such as Giraffe, Zebra and Wildebeest are regular spectators on this trail.
The hilltop grasslands are wide open and the valley bush is thick- considering the venue is so close to Durban and Hillcrest, you could not ask for wilder. The Phezulu field team are constantly working on these trails to provide the best tracks possible!
FROM DURBAN – N3:
– Take N3 toll road to Pietermaritzburg.
– Go through the Marianhill toll plaza.
– The first off ramp left – Assagay/Shongweni/Hillcrest, take this off ramp.
– At STOP street turn right into Kassier Road over N3 freeway ± 5km.
– At T-Junction (Set of robots) turn left, this is Old Main Road (R103) ± 7km.
– Phezulu is on your right hand side.
– Take N3 toll road to Durban.
– Take left hand side off ramp marked Cato Ridge.
– Continue along this road until you come to a left turn marked Inchanga/Valley of 1000 hills ± 8km.
– You will reach a sign marked PHEZULU Safari Park,
turn left, into Phezulu grounds.