Karkloof 100 Training Camp
20-21 July 2019
Day 1 with consist of a morning and evening segment.
Start: 7:00 am
Distance: 32 km | 11 Karkloof to Bushwillow.
*Please note that there will be a 12:00 pm shuttle to take runners from Bushwillow through to 11 Karkloof.
Start: 05:30 pm
Distance: 16 km | Farmer’s Daughter to 11 Karkloof
*Please note that there will be a braai dinner at 08:30 pm at 11 Karkloof.
Start: 07:30 am
Distance: 32 km | Benvie to Bushwillow
*Please note that there will be a shuttle at Bushwillow to transport runners from Bushwillow through to Benvie. The shuttle will leave Bushwillow at 07:00 am.
The following items are mandatory for participation:
- 1L hydration capacity (bladder or bottles)
- Waterproof Jacket and Thermal (weather dependent)
- Headlamp or torch (only for night running)
- Charged cell phone (preferably basic model with good battery life)
The Karkloof100 is a 100 Mile Endurance Foot Race set to take place from the 20th to 22nd of September 2019 in the Karkloof area of KZN. In preparation for the Karkloof100, this training camp will provide a glimpse of what to expect for the 100 miler, taking runners through the renowned indigenous forests, wetlands and grasslands.
Pre-entries close at MIDDAY on Friday, 19th July. Substitutions can also be made before the event but need to be finalised a week before the event commences and are charged a R100 admin fee. To arrange a substitution, contact email@example.com.
As KZNTR is moving toward the more ecologically friendly cupless water tables, we ask you to please ensure that you bring your own trail cup, water bottles and/or hydration packs for on course hydration and refills!
Please note that there will be no KZNTR KidZone for this event.
20 July 2019:
- 07:00 am – Run start from 11 Karkloof to Bushwillow.
- 12:00 pm – Shuttle to 11 Karkloof.
- 05:30 pm – Run start from Farmer’s Daughter to 11 Karkloof.
- 08:30 pm – Braai Dinner at 11 Karkloof.
21 July 2019
- 07:00 am – Shuttle to Benvie from Bushwillow.
- 07:30 am – Run start from Benvie to Bushwillow.
- 01:00 pm – Farewell and end of camp.
*Please note that race organisers and elite runners will be in attendance so that runners may ask questions and for advice on the trail. Also note that all accommodation and food, with the exception of the Saturday night Braai, is to be organised by participants.
Venue: 11 Karkloof, Howick.
From Pietermaritzburg (ETA 33 min) and Durban (ETA 1 hr 20 min):
- Travel northbound on the N3.
- Take exit 103 and turn right onto the R103.
- Follow the R103 for 2km and turn left onto Main Road.
- Follow Main Road for 2km and turn right onto Karkloof Rd.
- Continue straight for 6.6km and turn right into 11 Karkloof Rd.
Click Here for a Google Map link to 11 Karkloof.